In this module you will learn how to use the Count Down Timer. The Count Down Timer is a very simple visual that counts towards a specific date and time.
Module 94 – Count Down Timer
- Power BI Custom Visual – Count Down Timer
- Completed Example – Module 94 – Count Down timer.pbix
- A basic timer that continuously counts down to a specific date and time
This Count Down Timer counts down to the day after Thanksgiving. A major US shopping day.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are only a few settings you can change to influence the appearance of this visual.
- Under the Countdown properties section you can set the specific date and time that you wish to count down till. This cannot be data bound in any way yet.
- Using the Text Properties section you can adjust the appearance of the Count Down Timer.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.