In this module you will learn how to use the KPI Indicator Custom Visual by MAQ Software. The KPI Ticker displays frequently changing metrics with a with a trend indicator.
Module 92 – KPI Ticker (MAQ Software)
- Power BI Custom Visual – KPI Ticker (MAQ Software)
- Dataset – Stock Prices Trends.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 92 – KPI Ticker (MAQ Software).pbix
- A convenient way to display a set of frequently changing metrics.
- It includes a trend indicator that allows you to see increases and decreases at a glance.
This example KPI Ticker shows rotating stock price changes.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are a few settings you may desire to change to influence the appearance of this visual.
- Under the Configuration section you can change the number of KPI values that are shown at once. You can also change the size and color of the visual.
- Using the Indicators section you can adjust the colors that are displayed on the trend indicators. By default a value of –1 would return a red indicator, a value of 1 would return a green indicator, and a value of 0 would return a blue indicator. Each of these colors can be changed here.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.