In this module you will learn how to use the Smart Filter by OKViz. The Smart Filter works similar to a traditional slicer in Power BI but has a better user experience in many cases.
Module 91 – Smart File by OKViz
- Power BI Custom Visual – Smart Filter by OKViz
- Dataset – All Product Sales.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 91 – Smart Filter by OKViz.pbix
- Works like a slicer to choose records from a drop-down list or search by typing.
- Can also be used to show the current filters set in the report page.
This Brick Chart shows the popularity of certain certain courses that students have taken.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several settings you may desire to change to influence the appearance of this visual.
- The Filter Box section contains the majority of the settings for this visual. Here you can change this slicer to just display values rather than filter using the Observer mode. You can also change the appearance of this visual from this section.
- One of the really nice features of this visuals is that it has built-in accessibility features for those that are color blind. Obviously there are many different experiences for those that are color blind so the Color Blindness by OKViz section allows you to choose which effect you would like to see.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.