In this module you will learn how to use the Narrative Power BI Custom Visual. The Narrative visual is developed by Narrative Science and it gives you the ability to automatically deliver analysis of your data. The results look similar to a final report that a analyst might provide after spending weeks with your data.
Module 50 – Narratives
- Power BI Custom Visual – Narrative
- Dataset – NFL Data.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 50 – Narratives.pbix
- Helps to discover hidden insights in your data.
- Currently only supports English.
- Some data is sent to the Narrative Science server.
In this Narrative we’re analyzing the stats from different NFL teams to see what’s relevant.
- Under the Format paintbrush there is only one customization available for the Narrative.
- Under the Narrative section you can change the type of data you want to analyze and the way you’d like to see it outputted. You can have it delivered in paragraph form or bullets and you can change how much detail you see with the verbosity property.
There are also several settings available on the visual itself when you click the gear icon.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.
thanks for your post! I also believe this Narrative Science custom visualization has a great potential for the Power BI reporting.
I’ve also blogged at 3 different occasions about this very product and I liked working with it:
My Power BI report from a recent SQL Saturday presentation using Narrative Science component: http://bit.ly/2nVE9v0
Thanks again, Devin!
Thanks for sharing these posts Rayis!