In this module you will learn how to use the SandDance Power BI Custom Visual. The SandDance visual is an incredibly interactive visual that allows you to create insights to view your data in multiple ways and with animations.
Module 49 – SandDance
- Power BI Custom Visual – SandDance
- Dataset – World Cities.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 49 – SandDance.pbix
- Every data element is always representing on the screen (Up to 10,000 row).
- Animations show the transition between different views of the data.
In this SandDance we’re analyzing the population of different world cities.
- Under the Format paintbrush there is only one customization available for the SandDance.
- By turning off the Presentation property that gives you the capability to really dig deeper into the configuration. That additional configuration is described in the video above.
The majority of this visual is configured from within the design surface after turning off presentation.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.
Is there a way to use the insights animations you can set up while presentation mode is on?
Hi Dave, Yes when the presentation mode is on the animations will still work. You just can’t change the settings of the animation.