In this module you will learn how to use the Text Wrapper by MAQ Software. The Text Wrapper allows you to display text that is longer than the given width of a visual by wrapping it to the next line.
Module 105 – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software)
- Power BI Custom Visual – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software)
- Dataset – Office Script.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 105 – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software).pbix
- This visual retrieves text from a data source and wraps it within the visuals range.
- The Text Wrapper has several formatting features available.
This Text Wrapper displays lines from the television show The Office.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are a few customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Under the Text Settings section you change the text formatting within the visual.
- The Static text settings section allows you to add static text before or after the dynamic text that comes from your dataset.
- The Dynamic text settings section allows you to adjust some of the formatting features of the text that comes from your dataset.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 35+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.