In this module you will learn how to use the Timeline by CloudScope. The Timeline by CloudScope is designed for showing twitter status updates, likes, and retweets within your reports.
Module 103 – Timeline by CloudScope
- Power BI Custom Visual – Timeline by CloudScope
- Dataset – Twitter Data.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 103 – Timeline by CloudScope.pbix
- Designed to show Twitter status updates, likes and retweets.
- You must already have the twitter data in your data model.
This Timeline displays the results of tweets about Jacksonville.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are a few customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Under the Column mapping section you must map the columns in your dataset to the column properties within the Timeline visual. Without this step no data will display.
- If you were storing JSON twitter results you can use the Display section to display things like embedded media or quoted tweets.
- The Formatting section allows you to adjust the Font size on the visual.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 35+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.