In this module you will learn how to use the Bubble Chart Custom Visual by Akvelon. The Bubble chart allows you to show the value of categories proportionally represented by the size of the bubble.
Module 86 – Bubble Chart By Akvelon
- Power BI Custom Visual – Bubble Chart by Akvelon
- Dataset – Ocean Vessels.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 86 – Bubble Chart by Akvelon.pbix
- Each distinct category defines one bubble on the visual.
- The size of the bubbles are defined by a measure.
- Optionally you can make the bubbles display images or jump to a link.
This Bubble Chart shows different ocean vessels that have been clustered by their vessel type.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find several settings that can be adjusted for this visual.
- In the Data colors section you can define the color that will be used for any value displayed in the Bubble Name field
- In the Cluster data colors section you can define the color that will be used for any value displayed in the Cluster Name field
- The Legend section allows you to adjust the formatting, name and position of the legend that appears on the chart.
- Using the Label settings you can adjust the formatting of the labels that appear on each bubble.
- Finally, using the Common settings you can increase or decrease the amount of padding between each bubble.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.