In this module you will learn how to use the ChartAccent LineChart Custom Visual. This visual is a custom line chart that allows you to annotate individual data points, data series and ranges.
Module 83 – ChartAccent – LineChart
- Power BI Custom Visual – ChartAccent – LineChart
- Dataset – Monthly State Sales.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 83 – ChartAccent – LineChart.pbix
- Has the ability to highlight individual data points, data series and ranges.
This ChartAccent – LineChart shows sales for California, Florida and New York with annotations on key areas of the data.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are very few settings that can be adjusted for this visual.
- In the Y Axis section you can change the Y Axis title and adjust the Start and End of the Y Axis.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.
What version (Month and Year) of PowerBI was used for this class please?
It varies but this specific video was done with the December 2018 version.
How do you make the Annotations box disappear and only show the chart?
Hi Wendy. It looks like this visual keeps this box open no matter what. Very strange!