In this module you will learn how to use the Waffle Chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Waffle Chart visual is most useful for presenting a percentage of data. This chart is a great option to choose over other visuals like Pie Charts, which are not great at showing proportions of data.
Module 39 – Waffle Chart
- Power BI Custom Visual – Waffle Chart
- Dataset – Training Course Work.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 39 – Waffle Chart.pbix
- This visual is a 10 X 10 grid of dots to visualize percentages values.
- The Waffle Chart supports SVG Path, which means you can replace the 100 dots with a different avatar of your choice.
In this Waffle Chart you see a comparison between the percentage of students that complete the different courses offered.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are not many customizations available for the Waffle Chart.
- Under the Visual_DataPoint section you can change the color of the icons used in the waffle.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.
Reblogged this on Microsoft Business and Partnership.