In this module you will learn how to use the Sankey with Labels Power BI Custom Visual. The Sankey with Labels is a type of diagram that visualizes the flow of data between a source and destination columns. This is visual is similar to the visual we showed in Module 28 but with a few key differences.
Module 34 – Sankey with Labels
- Power BI Custom Visual – Sankey with Labels
- Dataset – Moving Regions.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 34 – Sankey with Labels.pbix
- The Sankey with Labels visualizes the magnitude of data flowing between two entities.
This Sankey visualizes people moving from one region of the country to another.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are a few options available for customizing the Sankey with Labels
- Under the Link Labels you turn on or off parts of the labels that appear on the relationship connectors between each entity.
- To turn off the entity labels you can go to the Node Labels section and click the Labels property.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.
Hi, i can’t find the visual in power BI. Is it deleted or the name is changed? Any resolve for this?
looks like it’s just called Sankey Chart now https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380777?src=office&tab=Overview