In this module you will learn how to use the Horizontal Funnel Power BI Custom Visual. The Horizontal Funnel functions somewhat similar to the traditional funnel but it allows you to display a secondary measure and has a few more customizations than you would normally get. You’ll find that the Horizontal Funnel is great for displaying a flow of data.
Module 31 – Horizontal Funnel
- Power BI Custom Visual – Horizontal Funnel
- Dataset – Customer Opportunities.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 31 – Horizontal Funnel.pbix
- Similar to a traditional Funnel chart provided by default in Power BI but with the orientation rotated.
- The Horizontal Funnel allows you to display a secondary measure below the colored bars.
- The tooltip capabilities can be used for telling a story about the visual.
- This Horizontal Funnel shows the different stages of a sales process.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are several options available for customizing the Horizontal Funnel
- Under the Data colors you can change the color of each level in the funnel as well as the connectors between the funnels.
- Changing the Data labels section gives you the ability to modify the appearance of the labels that appear above and below the funnel.
- Under the Funnel Title you can modify the appearance of the visuals title. One of the more interesting feature here is the Tooltip Text property, which makes it possible to give a description that is visible by hovering over the question mark next to the title
- Finally, the Sort settings allow you to define how you would like the funnel sorted and what field you would like to sort it by.
- In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the visuals aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.