In this module you will learn how to use the Advance Card. The Advance Card is similar to the native Card but has many more additional customizations that can be configured.
Module 107 – Advance Card
- Power BI Custom Visual – Advance Card
- Dataset – Coffee Chain.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 107 – Advance Card.pbix
- Similar to the native card but with additional customizations.
- Can do conditional formatting based on a measure.
This Advance Card shows the sales of a coffee shop.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Using the Data Label section you can modify the appearance of the data label on the card.
- The Category Label section allows you to customize the formatting of the label on the card.
- Using the Prefix Label section you add text that would appear at the beginning of your measure value.
- Using the Postfix Label section you add text that would appear at the end of your measure value.
- Using the Show Background you can enable a background color on the card.
- Under the Show Stroke section you can modify the border around the card. There are several interesting setting here to customize your card.
- The Conditions section allows you to enable conditional formatting on the visual based on what value is in the Condition field.
- By changing the Show Tooltip section you can modify the capabilities of the tooltip on the visual. You can even enter your own manual tooltip value.
- The About section is just general information about app.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 35+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.