In this module you will learn how to use the Tachometer. The Tachometer for communicating performance against a goal.
Module 101 – Tachometer
- Power BI Custom Visual – Tachometer
- Dataset – Customer Satisfaction.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 101 – Tachometer.pbix
- Ideal visual for communicating measures performance.
- This visual is much more customizable than the native gauge.
This Tachometer shows beating customer satisfaction goals.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- In the Gauge Axis section allows you to adjust the position of the gauge.
- Under the Range 1 section you can modify the color and thickness shown on range 1.
- Under the Range 2 section you can modify the color and thickness shown on range 2.
- Under the Range 3 section you can modify the color and thickness shown on range 3.
- Modifying the Target section will allow you to adjust the target line shown on the gauge.
- The Indicator section give you the ability to change the needle and base size and color.
- Modifying the Axis Labels will allow you to change the label formatting on the gauge.
- With the Callout Value you can change the appearance of the callout value shown below the gauge.
- Using the Callout Percent section you can turn on a percentage value to be displayed as part of the callout.
- Under the Margins section allows you to adjust change the margins between the visuals and the edge of the box.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 35+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.