In this module you will learn how to use the Rotating Tile Custom Visual. The Rotating Tile gives you the ability to display multiple metrics on a single visual that rotates through each value you wish to display. This allows you to save valuable space on your reports!
Module 56 – Rotating Tile
- Power BI Custom Visual – Rotating Tile
- Dataset – Health Measurements.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 56 – Rotating Tile.pbix
- Can show multiple measures in a single tile
- Ability to add effects to flip vertically, horizontally or make 3D
This Rotating Tile shows several health metrics rotating on a single tile.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are several customizations available for the Rotating tile.
- Under the Vertical flip property you can change the orientation of how the rotating tile flips. By default it flips horizontally.
- Turning on the 3D effect property places a border around the rotating measures which gives it the appearance of being 3D.
By changing the Animation settings you can control how fast the values rotate.
The Title settings allows you to modify the measure name color and text size.
Label settings has to do with the actual value being displayed. Changing values here simply changes the appearance of the metric values.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 30+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.