In this module you will learn how to use the Dial Gauge Power BI Custom Visual. While the usefulness of gauges on a dashboard is often debated, this module will show you how to configure one using Power BI.
Module 29 – Dial Gauge
- Power BI Custom Visual – Dial Gauge
- Dataset – Sales Goals.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 29 – Dial Gauge.pbix
- The effectiveness of gauges on dashboards is an often debated topic.
- The Dial Gauge is completely data driven. Which means not only must your measure (drives the needle) come from a dataset but also the different thresholds ranges must come from your dataset too.
- There are no specific Format settings for the Dial Gauge, which does limit you a bit with what you can do with this gauge.
This Dial Gauge shows sales performance.
- Again under the Format paintbrush there are no specific settings for the Dial Gauge but you will have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.