In this module you will learn how to use the Globe Map Power BI Custom Visual. The Globe Map is a 3D globe visual that can display both bar chart and heat map overlays on top of a map visual.
Module 24 – Globe Map
- Power BI Custom Visual – Globe Map
- Dataset – City Tax Returns.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 24 – Globe Map.pbix
- The Globe Map is a 3D globe visualization.
- It looks similar to the technology Power Map in Excel but lacks a few features like animating the data across time.
- The map can have multiple data visualization layers on top of the map like a bar chart and a heat map.
This Globe Map shows shows the number of insurance claims by year.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are not many customizations that you can apply to the Globe Map.
- Under the Data Colors section you can adjust the color that is displayed in any bar charts used on the Globe Map.
- In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.