In this module you will learn how to use the Sparkline Power BI Custom Visual. The Sparkline allows you to display trends in data through an animated line visual.
Module 23 – Sparkline
- Power BI Custom Visual – Sparkline
- Dataset – Insurance Claims.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 23 – Sparkline.pbix
- Shows trends in data most often by time.
- It can only visualize a single measure.
- The Sparkline can be configured to animate across time.
This Sparkline shows the number of insurance claims by year.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are a few settings that allow you to customize the way data is presented in the Sparkline.
- Under the Visual_General section you can adjust the thickness of the line by increase the size property. Here you can also change the color of the line itself.
- If you turn on the Animation section it will animate the Sparkline over your Category axis
- Here you can adjust the Duration of how long the animation takes.
- You can also determine the Delay between each execution of the animation.
- In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.