In this module you will learn how to use the Sunburst chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Sunburst chart is similar to the standard donut chart but allows you to show multiple level at once, which is great when presenting hierarchical data.
Module 17 – Sunburst
- Power BI Custom Visual – Sunburst
- Dataset – Region Sales.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 17 – Sunburst.pbix
- Works like a Multilevel donut chart.
- Used for showing hierarchical data.
This shows a Sunburst chart with a hierarchy of Group, Country and Region displayed by quantity sold.
- Under the Format paintbrush there isn’t much available to customize the appearance of the Sunburst chart.
- The one section specific to the Sunburst that you have available is found under the Group section.
- By changing the Show Selected property you are able to turn on or off the label that appears in the middle of the chart when you select a slice of the Sunburst chart. This property is turned on by default.
This shows a Sunburst chart with the Show Selected property turned on. The text United States in the middle of the chart is an example of how this property displays.
- In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.