In this module you will learn how to use the Radar Chart, a Power BI Custom Visual. The Radar Chart is sometimes is also know to some as a web chart, spider chart, or star chart. Using the Radar Chart allows you to display multiple categories of data on each spoke (like spokes on a bicycle wheel) of the chart. The Radar Chart does support the display of multiple metrics, which allows you to compare and contrast the “pull” that each category has on your metrics.
Module 04 – Radar Chart
- Power BI Custom Visual – Radar Chart
- Dataset – Wedding Budget.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 04 – Radar Chart.pbix
- The Radar Chart displays one or more metrics to see how each performed against different categories.
- When more than one metric is used a transparent overlay is used so all metrics can be viewed without any problems.
Overlaying metrics can be viewed without issue.
- Under the Format paintbrush you have options to adjust the data labels, data colors and legend properties.
- In the Data label properties you can do the following:
- Turn on the data labels
- Increase the text size of labels
- Change the color of the data label text
- Apply formatting to the labels
- In the Data colors properties you can change the color used to display each metric.
- In the Legend properties you can change the following settings:
- Position of legend
- Add a legend title
- Change the color of the legend text
- Increase the size of the legend text
- In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 20+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.