In this module you will learn how to use the Long Text Viewer Power BI Custom Visual. The Long Text Viewer visual helps in displaying longer text fields that you have in your dataset.
Module 40 – Long Text Viewer
- Power BI Custom Visual – Long Text Viewer
- Dataset – Poetry.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 40 – Long Text Viewer.pbix
- This is a simple yet effective way to display large amounts to text in a Power BI report.
- Allows for things like word wrapping, vertical and center alignment.
In this Long Text Viewer I’ve displayed a poem from multiple rows of data in my dataset.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are not many customizations available for the Long Text Viewer.
- Under the Text section you can change things like the text size, alignment, font type, text color and margins.
In addition to these properties you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform. Click here to learn more about this training platform that includes 25+ courses.
Catch up on all the Power BI Custom Visuals blog posts here.